Joe Truini of Waste News

His Facebook page, running the marathon, captured him well. I never saw a photograph of him boxing.

I just learned that Joe Truini passed away in Akron Ohio. It's strange, I had just out of the blue started to write about reporters who I really admired (see Fialka below), last week. If I'd gotten around to trade news reporters who could use their medium to broaden thinking, Joe would have been one of the first to come to mind.

Joe was someone who always had time to talk, was always listening for a more interesting angle, and really encouraged those of us willing to step out on a limb. He was 37, and I was shocked to hear of his passing, but he was a young man with the heart of a lion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank You for that. Joe was incredible :-)

Jenna